Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Seek His Peace

I personally know how difficult it is to see God in all things. It is difficult at times to see Him when your heart is broken or you feel alone. It is difficult to see Him when someone rejects you or doors close in your face.

Over the last couple of years I have had to confront many mind blowing and heart wrenching trials that have left me breathless at times. I couldn't even begin to comprehend why I had to endure certain heartaches.

There were many nights that I laid awake wondering about my life. I wondered what certain loved ones were doing. I wondered where my life was headed. Anxiety often plagued my mind and desperation grasped my heart. I wasn't sure how to overcome the emotions that captivated my soul. I only knew that I didn't want to wrestle with them anymore.

I seeked God for His wisdom and began to understand that I wasn't supposed to try to figure anything out. He only wanted me to rest in Him....to trust Him...and surrender my heart to Him.

My prayer became "Lord, I surrender my heart to you. My heart is open to give love and recieve love. I desire whatever would bring me peace".

This simple prayer that came from deep within my soul was what began to release the shackles from my mind. I began to realize that God is in every aspect of my life. He is within the family members I worry about, His is in control of my career, and He is in control of my life.

He knows what would bring me peace in this moment of my life and that is what He allows to be in it. I may desire my marriage to be restored, a new job, more money, or something else but that doesn't mean those things would bring me peace. God knows what is best for me and I must trust and rest in His plan for my life.

Over all things I seek God's peace each and everyday and surrender my heart to Him. To open your heart to give love and recieve love means you are open to the unlimited. You are yeilded to His will. You are ready to be used by Him. You are a vessel in which He can freely flow and manifest Himself through without hinderance.

When we are focused on our feelings and emotions then we are not yeilded. We are too worried about feeling anger, pain, fear or disappointment. But when we are surrendered to God and His love then we are no longer bound by our fleshly desires and we give Him full reign. We allow Him to freely move and work on our behalf. We make room for miracles.

He knows what is best for you. His desire is to bless you and not hurt you. Just let go and seek His peace. His peace is where you will find your healing and deliverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.