Many of us strive to be successful in life. We desire to have successful marriages, careers and families. We do all that we can to achieve what others percieve as successful. When we do not reach that level of "success" we often feel discouraged and become depressed. We can even lose our sense of self because we become defined by these things.
If our marriage is not working, we are unemployed or our family is broken we think we have failed. We see ourselves as worthless and lose our will to live.
I have come to realize over the last couple of years that being successful has nothing to do with anything external. It is not about the car you drive, your marriage, the house you live in, your children, or your career. True success is not measured with earthly possessions or accomplishments.
Everything you are and everything you will ever achieve is all by the grace of God. Possessions and accomplishments are just an outward manifestation of an inward realization. When you align yourself with God and allow Him to direct your path then He will guide you. He will manuever you into what He has already reserved and ordained for you.
I don't strive to be successful. I am successful because I live my life surrendered to God. Where ever I end up out of my obedience to God is where I am supposed to be.
At times we make our own plans and goals without consulting God. We ask Him to bless something that maybe He doesn't have planned for you. Instead of seeking His signature of approval we should ask Him to direct us. Where ever He leads you to you will find success.
Being successful to me is about fulfilling the will of God. God's thoughts are greater then my thoughts. What I dream for myself can not compare to what God has for me. My level of "success" might not be God's level of "success".
A lot of heartache and frustration will end when we can learn to surrender and be obedient to the spirit of God. Everything that God has ordained you to achieve, He has also prepared you for. Stop resisting the process. Your process is preparing you for the promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.