Friday, August 6, 2010

Suffering

"Suffering is evidence that weakness exists"

I heard this quote today in a movie and it really resonated with me. I remembered the scripture in the bible that says "My strength is made perfect in weakness". This made me understand this quote in a different light.

We suffer...feel pain....experience heartache when we don't lean on the promises of God. God said "lean not unto your own understanding but acknowledge me in all your ways and I shall direct your path".

So I suffer when I lean on my own understanding. When I try to analyze and figure out why something is happening in my life. When I try to manipulate and force things to play out the way I want them to. When I allow my emotions to control me. When I let my circumstance define me.

But when I lean on my faith and trust that God is in control then I stop suffering. Although life may be spinning out of control I know it is not out of God's reach. I allow myself to be strengthened by God and therefore come out victorious and remain in perfect peace.

2 comments:

  1. This is so full of awesome truth. I'm so blessed reading it. Joyce Meyer always says "we're not Holy Ghost Jr." It always cracks me up. Why do we go back to ourselves? Still, thank goodness we can run back to Him.

    Thanks for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Just a little something God birthed through me. I am blessed that you were blessed by reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.