Saturday, December 18, 2010

By His Spirit

I recently trained for and completed my first 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles). I started off by not being able to even run 1 mile without feeling out of breath. Then I slowly added more time and eventually I made it to 13 miles.

The journey was not easy but I know that everything I did was unto God so I was motivated to push beyond my perceived limitations.

I looked at my body and said "you don't look like a marathon runner"...."you should have trained harder and lost more weight". Then God ministered to my heart. He said "you are doing this by my spirit not with your body".

I had to remember that I was doing it for His glory. I wasn't trying to prove to myself or to anyone else that I could do it. I was ultimately fulfilling God's purpose.

I was aligning my body with His spirit and moving by faith. It didn't matter what the external looked like. It was all about His spirit and His power.

So I finished my last week of training more inspired than ever. Was I nervous? Of course but I had to meditate on the truth. The truth said that I was more than able to accomplish what I thought was impossible through my ability to rest in God.

I didn't have to sacrifice my body to fulfill my destiny. I only had to surrender and allow my body to be used to bring Him glory. I am the Temple of God.

On December 4th, I did it. I actually finished my first half marathon with a time of 2:53:53. I did it all by His spirit. I praise Him with all that I am because He is good and so worthy of my praise.

This marathon was not just about my physical abilities. It made me realize that everything I do must be executed in this manner. I must move by His spirit and allow it to empower me and carry me across the finish line.

No matter what the external circumstances may look like I have the power to endure them through resting in His love and allowing His spirit to empower me.

I am built for success. Victory knows my name and love is my home. Nothing is impossible because I walk in the joy of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.