Saturday, March 17, 2012

Life Savior




I had a conversation with my daughter about God yesterday. I was explaining to her that we should seek God for answers and guidance when we have questions about life issues.

I said He is the one who is ultimately in charge of your life and we should consult Him about everything we do or want to do.

I gave her this analogy:

God is like a safety ring. We may want to go out and swim the open water by ourselves. We may even take off the ring and feel awesome and free swimming without the ring but what happens when the storm hits us? We struggle to stay above water and we may even struggle to swim back to the ring. Although the safety ring will always be there we end up going through things we don't have to go through if we just would have kept the ring on the whole time.

So I said it is important that we keep that connection with God and seek Him first in all things...in all areas of our lives.

He is our sweet savior. :) <3

No matter what area you may be struggling with in your life always remember that God is close by. It may feel like you are alone at times. You may even feel like you are drowning in your sorrows but God is more than able to rescue you.

All we need to do is call on Him. In the midst of our pain....He is our joy. When we feel like all hope is lost...He is our redeemer. He shed His blood that we may have life. He gave His life so that we can live in the freedom. He loves and accepts us just the way we are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.