"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her".
I have been "single" for about 10 years now. Legally I am married but I live my life as a single mom. I have struggled with the thought of getting divorced because I feel like I have to please God. Is it what He wants me to do?
I have prayed and seeked Him for many years concerning this manner. Everyone on the outside would say "yes". I would honestly say that I want one too. I have stayed in my marriage for 13 years (June 6th it will be 14 years) although my husband has been unfaithful numerous times. We have not lived together in almost 11 years.
So although we have been separated for all this time I never dated any other men until about 2 years ago. I meet a guy that I thought was the answer to many of my prayers. Turned out he wasn't and we didn't last too long.
Fast forward to the present time and I am still a married "single" woman. I don't look for men or to be in relationships because I feel that God is not done with me yet.
I also feel that God has someone for me that He is working on. I am not sure who it is but I do know that he will be an amazing man that will love, respect and honor the woman that I am.
I realize that this time of separation from my husband has not been about the marriage between him and I at all. It has been about the marriage between Christ and I.
I am learning about His faithfulness and allowing His love to heal my heart. It has been an amazing journey even though there were days that I didn't know if I wanted to get up again.
I know all too well about the dark days of depression but it was all worth it. I know I am a stronger more conscious woman and I will be able to give myself to who ever God blesses me with.
I am being patient though because I know that this special man must be prepared for me by God. So I wait and wait knowing that my labour and my pain has not been in vain.
"Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." Psalms 27:14
I wait on the Lord while I hide my heart in Him knowing that in Him my heart is safe. Just as a father gives a way his daughter in marriage I know in time my Heavenly Father will give my heart to another when He sees fit.
................Until then I will continue my journey and keep my eyes on God.
I have been "single" for about 10 years now. Legally I am married but I live my life as a single mom. I have struggled with the thought of getting divorced because I feel like I have to please God. Is it what He wants me to do?
I have prayed and seeked Him for many years concerning this manner. Everyone on the outside would say "yes". I would honestly say that I want one too. I have stayed in my marriage for 13 years (June 6th it will be 14 years) although my husband has been unfaithful numerous times. We have not lived together in almost 11 years.
So although we have been separated for all this time I never dated any other men until about 2 years ago. I meet a guy that I thought was the answer to many of my prayers. Turned out he wasn't and we didn't last too long.
Fast forward to the present time and I am still a married "single" woman. I don't look for men or to be in relationships because I feel that God is not done with me yet.
I also feel that God has someone for me that He is working on. I am not sure who it is but I do know that he will be an amazing man that will love, respect and honor the woman that I am.
I realize that this time of separation from my husband has not been about the marriage between him and I at all. It has been about the marriage between Christ and I.
I am learning about His faithfulness and allowing His love to heal my heart. It has been an amazing journey even though there were days that I didn't know if I wanted to get up again.
I know all too well about the dark days of depression but it was all worth it. I know I am a stronger more conscious woman and I will be able to give myself to who ever God blesses me with.
I am being patient though because I know that this special man must be prepared for me by God. So I wait and wait knowing that my labour and my pain has not been in vain.
"Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." Psalms 27:14
I wait on the Lord while I hide my heart in Him knowing that in Him my heart is safe. Just as a father gives a way his daughter in marriage I know in time my Heavenly Father will give my heart to another when He sees fit.
................Until then I will continue my journey and keep my eyes on God.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.