Life has a way of knocking us down. The pain and rejection we experience often becomes too heavy to bare. The loss of a marriage, job, home, loved one or dream may even have us drowning in emotions and grasping for air. The burdens become so great that our will to live diminishes. Our passion for life becomes trapped under the rubble of our past. The thoughts of abandonement and loneliness keep us awake at night, contemplating the idea of death.
The pain was once so great in my life that I often struggled with thoughts of suicide. I thought that if I could just end my life I could end the pain. I felt that life would never get better. I was afraid that I would always experience some kind of pain and I just didn't want to feel that anymore.
I didn't feel that life was worth living until I realized that there was more to life then my pain. Life was not meant to be caotic and full of disappointments. I began to shift the way I saw my life and things began to change. I was no longer a prisoner of my past. I was no longer tormented by the thought of pain and rejection.
I was free to live life and embrace each moment of the journey.
I discovered a new sense of myself. I began to love myself and love life. I wasn't afraid to feel emotions anymore because they didn't control me. I now had the ability to feel them but yet not let them define me. I could feel sad with becoming depressed because I knew that each experience I encountered was there to help me grow. Every adversity was an opportunity to become stronger and more conscious of myself.
Now that I am awaken I wake up with excitement. I am excited to see what life has for me. I am excited to be all that God created me to be because I know He has equipped me. Every struggle I had prepared me for this journey and I am grateful. I praise God for all things and I surrender my heart each day to His will.
Life is worth living. Don't give up.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.