Giraffes are my favorite animal. I didn't know why I was so intrigued by them until I visited the San Diego Zoo this weekend. While visiting the giraffes I over heard a tour bus driver explaining some very interesting information about them.
He said that the wall enclosure around the giraffes is low enough that they can actually step over the wall if they wanted to but they never do. Why?
He said they are afraid of their own height. He said they believe that they are afraid because when they are born they actually fall about 6 ft to the ground.
That really made me think about life. How many of us have been through things in our lives that left us feeling afraid? How many of us have actually been dropped?
Although we have the ability to overcome and get out of the enclosures we find ourselves in we don't. Why do we continue to live behind the enclosures of our fear. We have the ability to walk right over them because God's word says that we are more than conquerors.
He has given us the power through His spirit to live free. Don't let fear keep you from living your life to the fullest.
It's time to live up to your potential and be who God designed you to be. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.