Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Change Your Perception, Change Your Life

God is so amazing and His mercy endures for ever. I am so grateful for God's mercy that has brought me through years of self loathing. I spent too many years playing the victim and having pitty parties with myself. After finally being fed up with the drama I was causing myself I surrendered my mind to God.

I can't look at all that I have gone through as my story. I have to realize that God is using me to reveal His glory. Although my situations may remain the same my perception has set me free from them. My issues do not control me. My God controls my issues. They are not for me to handle or try to figure out.

God created me in His image and after His likeness. The power that He has I have as well. I am not powerless and defeated. I am more then an overcomer and full of power and influence. That power is not mine though. That power and influence comes from the spirit of God. When I surrender my will I allow God's spirit to intercede and transform "my" life.

I now understand that what I see with my natural eyes is just an illusion. The only thing that matters is what God has promised me. The journey to that promise may have some sharp turns and narrow paths but I will reach it. Each obstacle and trial forces the scales to be removed from my eyes so that I can see the truth and change my perception.

I am not bound by what I go through. Life does not dictate my state of mind. I must consciously decide to pursue life and God's promises no matter what may come my way. Surely everything has it's time and season but as long as I am aligned with His word all things will come to pass. We must silence our mind enough to hear His voice. Quiet our hearts enough to feel His direction. Close our eyes so that we can walk by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.