God ministered to me today about the intent of our hearts. Many of us seek to be closer to God or achieve a certain thing in our life for our own personal gain. Many times we even use the gifts that God has given us to glorify our own flesh. We minister to the body of Christ through our flesh and not the anointing. God will still be God and receive the glory in the end but we must be careful and examine our hearts. What is our motivation? What moves us to take action in life....in the things we seek God for.....in our ministries? Are we seeking to be glorified and uplifted for our own gain? Or are we seeking His kingdom for the edification of the body.....to bring glory to God?
I know that many of us have been through trying times in our lives. Many of us have been lacking something that we tend to satisfy with natural things. We seek the praise of others. We look for recognition when we do something for someone else. We even use our gifts God has given us to glorify our flesh. This saddens me because God did not send His son to die for us so that we can be caught up in our own world. So that we can build our "own" ministry. So that we can be arrogant and selfish. We have been given a gift of life so that we can reconcile God's family back unto Him. We are to be a manifestation of His unselfish love. We should take no thought in what we can gain. We should be all about God's people and His kingdom. It is all about His glory.
As I mature in the things of God I have learned that my very walk should be a reflection of God's love. I don't have to speak a word. I don't have to tell anyone what I do in secret with God. God says that what is done in secret will be rewarded openly. My walk...my talk and every area of my life should be in perfect alignment with the condition of my heart. If I am about my Fathers business then you will see the fruit of it. I would rather die then to ever say that my life is about me. My life is a sacrifice for His people. If I love God then I should live selfless. I should surrender my will to fulfill His will so that others may live through my sacrifice. I shouldn't have to tell you what I am doing. You should feel it in my presence. If God be lifted up then He will draw all men unto Himself. People are drawn to you for your anointing. They are drawn to you because they can feel His presence when you walk in a room.
All that we do should be done unto God. It should be done with His heart in mind not our own. I don't need anyone to tell me what a good job I am doing. I don't even need to tell anyone that I am praying for them. My heart rejoices when I see someones life change in front of my eyes from the earnest prayers I sowed in that secret place. Let God receive the glory for their deliverance. It is not my power that saved them. It is the power of God in me that delivered their soul and reconciled them back unto God.
Every gift we are given is by the grace of God. The riches that have been sown into our barns are all by the grace of God. The voice you use to lead praise and worship, the word that is ministered from behind the pulpit, the spirit of intercession, the gift of prophecy, the spirit of love and compassion. All of these things have been placed within us so that we can show the world the riches of God that are not made of hands. We are God's riches and glory. He has placed us all here on this earth to be a reflection of His everlasting love and abundance. So before you speak a word, minister through song or prophecy examine your heart. Ask yourself "what is my motivation".."what is it that moves me into action"? Are you seeking to be glorified or are you acting as God's yielded vessel so that He can receive the glory.
Ephesians 2:8-9: "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast".
"TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY" AMEN.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.