Saturday, November 21, 2009

Staying Positive

As the holidays approach I have always found myself getting depressed. I get sad because I miss my husband. I also miss my whole family being together during this blessed time of the year. This year my grandmother is in assisted living, my aunt is going into a nursing home due to her brain damage, my husband and I are still separated and I am unemployeed. There is alot going on and I have to constantly stay focused in order to stay positive.

It is easy to get caught up in having a pitty party with yourself. It is easy to get into the victim mentality and get depressed over how crazy your life seems. I can't afford to do that. I can't go back to where God has delivered me from. I have to press forward and know that God is in control of all things. Although my outward circumstances my seem crazy I have to continue to trust in God. I have to realize that nothing is out of order. His hand is still in my life and on my loved ones.

The outward may seem caotic but His perfect divine order is still present. I can feel His constant love. I can feel His joy that strengthens me each day. I can feel His grace and mercy that gives me the ability to smile even when I want to cry. I will keep standing because I know that He knows what is best for me. He is working things out in my favour and that brings me peace.

I encourage those that are feeling the weight of the world right now. Keep pressing towards the mark. God has a plan for you and it is good. Praise God in the midst of your trials. He is too good not to be lifted up.

Thank you Lord for your love, mercy, peace and joy. You are the reason I still live and breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.