Today was such a powerful day for me. God's presence was so tangible. I received some words today from God. He said it is time to step out of the shadows.
By reading my blog you know that I have gone through some pretty tough things. I know that I have not come out and told you all the specifics but I will share that in another post at a later time. Right now all that I want you to know is that I know what deep pain, disappointment and rejection feels like. I also know what it feels like to live through years of self loathing and a victim mentality. I have also experienced the death grip of fear.
In the beginning of my journey I wasn't really sure why I had to go through a lot of the things I went through. I spent many years blaming everyone else for my pain and discomfort. I didn't understand that everything I had gone through from my childhood to the present day was to draw out what God has placed within me. I didn't know that He was drawing out His glory. I didn't know that I was His treasure that was hidden in an earthen vessel.
Today I do stand with my head held high and fully aware of my purpose. I am conscious that everything I endured was to prepare me for His plan. I was designed with God's plan in mind. I was created to manifest His power and bring hope to His people. I was called and chosen to show His love in every aspect of my life.
Although we have not all gone through the same trials and we have not all been called to perform the same assignments. We have all been called to walk in our true identity in God and manifest His love. His love endures all things and sets our hearts free from the torturous thoughts of rejection, pain and disappointment.
We are not called to remain in the shadows of our past. God has called us forth through the pain to be more then a conqueror. We are called to be overcomers. We are not just here to win battles. We are called to step out of the trenches and live in constant love and peace. God's grace and mercy is sufficient for you. You don't have to struggle with your daily loathing and self pity thoughts. You can rest in God and live free of your past.
You may be thinking but HOW? How do I move passed the pain, rejection, abuse, abandonment, adultery, or loss? How do I press through the uncertainties and learn to love again?
You do it by realizing that you are a manifestation of God and everything in your life has been a set up. You release everyone that has wronged you or caused you pain from the guilt. You forgive them and forgive yourself. You realize that what you have gone through does not define you. You don't have to pick up that same cross everyday. God already took on your infirmities, afflictions, and pains. You can be free.
I know how uncomfortable and vulnerable it feels to not know why? I know how painful it is to look back and remember what they did to you. "Why didn't they love me enough to treat me right. I trusted them. I needed them. I loved them."
Know that God allowed all of it. They had to hurt you, leave you and forsake you. They had to commit adultery, abuse you, and turn their back on you. You were meant to feel lonely, angry, sad, and hopeless. How could you ever know what light is if you never experienced the dark?
All of those dark moments in your life brought you to this point where you are seeking His light....seeking His truth......seeking your identity.....seeking your healing. Had it not been for all of the past pain I had gone through I wouldn't be able to discern the spirit of God. I wouldn't be able to minister to His people. I wouldn't be awaken to my identity, purpose or power.
Every heavy weight of depression that I had to carry only made my spirit stronger and more dependant on God. Now that I acknowledge God in all my ways I can walk in peace. I can walk free of my pain and walk in His constant joy and peace.
God has called me and He has called you to come out of the shadows. Make this day a new beginning. Promise yourself to live each day conscious of God's purpose for your life. He wants you to be free of pain. Today is the day.
It is time to come out of the shadows and walk in His light. It is time that your mind be set free from the burdens of life. It is time that you trust in God and His love for you. Step out and walk in all that God created you to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.