I was touched today while watching Oprah interview Whitney Houston. God ministered to my heart during the interview but really showed up when she sang that beautiful and powerful song. The words she spoke were like a knife cutting into my soul. She said "she was not built to be broken....she didn't know her own strength". Many times when we go through difficult situations in our lives and we say "God is breaking me" or "I am broken". What does that really mean? The scriptures say that "A BONE OF HIM SHALL NOT BE BROKEN". That prophecy was fulfilled when Jesus was crucified on the cross according to John 19:33. In Verse 31 Pilate had told the soldiers to break the legs of the bodies that were on the cross. In Verse 32 they broke the legs of the first and the other which was crucified with him. BUT....in verse 33 it says "But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:"
When the bible speaks of the bone it is a symbolization of the foundation. Our bones are the frame work on which our body is built upon. The earth was framed by the word of God. God created something out of nothing. He created what is seen by what is unseen. He created the earth by faith which is the spoken word. The bible says that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Faith is what your foundation is. You were built by faith. God formed you from faith. You are spirit the spoken word of God. No matter what you may go through. Not matter what tries to come against you.....YOU CAN NOT BE BROKEN. God's word can never be broken. His word can never return void. What God has spoken into your life before the foundation of this world it will be established. It doesn't matter what your life or circumstance looks like now you will overcome it all by the power of God.
What does get broken is our heart. That is what causes us to feel pain and disappointment. It causes us to have anger, resentment, jealousy and fear. God's word says to guard your heart for out of it flow the issues of life. The heart represents our intellect, our understanding, our mind, our will, our feelings and the center of anything. So essentially what God is saying is that we should protect our minds and our feelings. Thoughts are formed by sight and then they form images in our minds. So when you see that all hell is breaking loose in your life, your husband is tripping, your money is looking funny and your health is declining an image forms in your mind. Your thoughts become "Oh my God what do I do?". " Am I going to die?". "How am I ever going to get out of this situation?". "Should I get a divorce?". "Am I going to lose my house and everything I own?". Our minds automatically start to conform (come into agreement, or into compliance) with what we see with our natural eyes instead of remembering who we are and who is in control of your life. God's word say "be ye not conformed into the image of this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind".
So as we see things and they form in our minds we then begin to speak them and create them just as God created the heavens and the earth. We have the same power and anointing that God has to form our world. That is why God says to guard our heart for out of it flow the issues of life. It is not about what someone else did to you. It is not about the economy. It is about what you have accepted to believe as truth for your life. Let me get really personal and tell you about my life right now. Currently my natural circumstance says I am unemployed and separated from my husband. Does that mean I am broken? No. God says that "A BONE OF HIM SHALL NOT BE BROKEN". The only thing that can be broken is my perception, my feelings, my will, my intellect, my understanding and the center of my life. What goes unbroken is my foundation...the truth that dwells within me. I have to begin to see my life as complete and prosperous according to God's word. I can't see myself as defeated and in turmoil. I must recognize my own strength that comes from the Lord. The center of my everything is God. He dwells within in me and His spirit flows into everything I do. His word says to "lean not unto our own understanding but acknowlege Him in all our ways". I can't worry about trying to understand why I don't have a job yet or why my husband is not home with me. I have to believe in God. I have to rest in Him and trust that He is in control. I have to remember that He wants what is best for me and right now what is best for me is having the opportunity to minister to you through these blogs.
Always remember that you were not made to be broken. Your heart may break but that is just God's way of breaking you from your way of seeing things so that He can bring His perfect plan into your life and heal you of your issues. You are His vessel let Him do with you as He pleases. You are made for His good pleasure. What your natural mind percieves as your weakness God's strength...His power....His word is made perfect in it. In verse 33 it said that the soldiers had saw that he (Jesus) was dead already so they did not brake his legs. What that means is that Jesus surrendered His spirit to God. He surrendered His life, His perception, His feelings, His intellect and His heart so that the prophecy could be fulfilled. So that God's word could be unbroken. So that God's will for Him could be established on the earth. So that His death and resurrection could bring life to us. The calling on His life was fulfilled through Him surrendering to God. Even though Jesus went through pain He knew His life was meant to bring life to others. He said "Father not my will but your will be done". So are you on this earth...you are a manifestation of God on this earth. Your pain and broken heart are meant to inspire and bring life to others. Surrender yourself today and let God change your heart.
****Had it not been for all that Whitney Houston went through she wouldn't have been able to minister this word to my spirit with such power. I give honor and praises to God for her. She was a sacrifice for many to receive life. This blog is dedicated to her and to all the women that have given of themselves to inspire others.
Peace, Love and Power to ALL. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.