Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Are You Truly Living?

Are you truly living or are you just surviving? It is so easy to get distracted with our day to day routines. We do this over here and then we have that over there. Mom's especially know all to well what it is to be on autopilot. We have the dinner in the oven, the laundry washing, the kids at the table doing homework as we are writing out the bills. Yes, these are all important parts of our day to day lives because they help us to survive but what else is there? Do you feel fulfilled? Do you feel yourself? Do you do these things with love in your heart or are they more like chores and burdens? Sometimes I catch myself snapping for no apparent reason....easily irratated. Have you ever felt that way? I know for most women we have happily accepted the role as a mother, wife, caregiver, taxi driver and maid. Not to mention many of us even have a 40 hour a week job. Although our plates are full and we don't know where one thing ends and another begins we feel like something is missing. Can it be that we often fill our lives with so much to numb the unfulfilled and broken areas in our lives? You once had a dream and now it is in the junk drawer with all the other nick nacks that have no place. What happened to your spunk, what happened to your sensuality, what happened to your joy? Did you throw it away? Did you place it on the back burner because your kids lives are more important? Well it is time you look for it. It is time you start living and not just surviving. Stop wearing all the masks that hide your true emotions. Stop acting like your ok because you don't want anyone to see you fall apart. After all you are the one holding it all together for the family.

What happens if I pursue my dream and I fail? I can't waste time on myself when everyone else needs me. I barely have time to shower and paint my own nails....forget going to school or taking time out to go to the gym. These R the conversations we have with ourselves. We live frustrated and unfulfilled because we think that when we got married or had children we had to trade our lives in. That is the furthest thing from the truth. This is when we are truly supposed to be living. How can we be a good caregiver if we don't care for ourselves? How can I tell my daughter to reach for the stars when I haven't reached for mine? We can't neglect ourselves. We have to embrace our relationships but know when it's time to let go and take care of ourselves. It is not selfish to take time out to pamper yourself, lock yourself in a room to meditate or even dream about starting a business of your own. I know we often feel guilty when we take time away from our kids. We think that we need to stay with them 24/7 or they will feel abandoned. What about you? Why have you abandoned yourself?

It's time we teach our children by example. It's time we become the best moms, wives and business women possible. By putting ourselves and our dreams on the TO DO LIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blogs. Your comments are greatly appreciated.