Life sometimes has a way of knocking us down. It disrupts our plans. It can even leave us feeling vulnerable and scared. One day we are feeling victorious and the next defeated. I recently found myself feeling these emotions due to a chain of events that took place. I tried to wrap my mind around the reasons why. My carnal mind couldn't seem to come up with an answer and fear began to creep in. The only thing I knew was that I couldn't allow the images to form in my mind. I had to rest in the truth that always seems to set me free.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
The word "trust" means: refuge, be confident or sure, hope, be bold.
The word "heart" as I discussed in a previous blog means: feelings, the will and even the intellect, center of anything.
The word "lean" means: rest, lie, rely, to support one's self, stay.
The word "understanding" means: meaning, knowledge, wisdom.
The word "acknowledge" means: to know, be diligent, comprehend, have respect, recognition, designation.
So essentially what God is saying through this scripture is to let your feelings, thoughts and emotions take refuge in Him. Don't rest or rely in your own knowledge or understanding. Be diligent, know and recognize Him in all your ways....in all that you do, your thoughts, your trials and your dreams. He will direct your path. He will lead you by His spirt of truth.
So when life seems to keep knocking me down and I can't seem to understanding why. I must rest in God. I must take refuge in His word and not rely or rest on my own carnal understanding. I must be bold and confident in what He has promised me and not allow my circumstances to determine my destiny. God has it all under control if we would just trust in Him. We can't be self sufficient and think that our own thoughts and ideas will carry us through our trials or life. We must acknowledge...become awaken to the fact that we are one with Him. If we could shut off our minds for one second we could hear His direction.
Our carnal minds could never comprehend that vastness and depth that is God. God is unlimited. His ways are not our ways. Although we may experience loss or pain we can not allow ourselves to become paralyzed with fear or doubt. We can't allow ourselves to be defeated. God's word says that the weapons in our lives may form....those thoughts of defeat and sadness may form...BUT they will not prosper. They will not destroy the promises God has made to us. We can still be confident and bold to believe in all that He has spoken into our lives. We can keep walking forward with our heads up knowing that even though we don't understand, God does. He knows the thoughts He has towards us. When we can surrender our will then we can walk in the peace that surpasses all understanding. We can rest in HIM and say "Lord not my will BUT let thy will be done".
"When uncertainity forms that is when we become certain that God is in control".
Beautiful. (:
ReplyDeletePerfecto. Keep on leaning and trusting in the Lord.
Sounds like God spoke to many of us about being
focused on him.
Love,
T. from T.|Lifelessons, in Facebook.
Hmmmm, I just tried to post a comment to you and it got deleted. One more time.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful written Monica.
God has his reasons for all, and we must just keep seeking him, and allowing him to fill us up in our lives no matter what we face.
Hugs,
Love,
T.
Amen T. Thank you for reading and commenting. I have learned to be a yeilded vessel for God. He fills me each day with His love and mercy. No matter what may come our way God will use it to bring glory to His name. He just needs us to be obedient to His spirit.
ReplyDelete